On this page you’ll find resources to support your emotional, psychological and mental health. During this COVID-19 pandemic, it is being updated with relevant staff support information from our partners. Numerous tools, resources and phone numbers are provided.
Our EFAP Program provider Homewood Health has a lot of tools and resources for you: Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP Homewood Health): 1-800-663-1142
Related to Covid-19, I feel very stressed about all of this. Should I still reach out to Homewood Health?Absolutely. Homewood are there for you 24/7/365 and will help get you the tools, resources and/or support you’re looking for.
What if I was already seeing a counsellor in-person or have an upcoming appointment? How will I know what to do next? You will be contacted shortly by the person you were seeing, or by Homewood Health. They will explain the clear and simple process about connecting with the counsellor for your session.
Homewood Health has created a a number of great handout resources
- COVID-19 – How to Stay Motivated while working from home
- COVID-19 – Managing the Impact
- COVID-19 – Support for First Responders
- COVID-19 – Managing Stress and Anxiety
- COVID-19 – Quelling Anxiety
Ontario Hospital Association adds Mindfulness resource Apps
There are many mindfulness Apps out there and the OHA encourages you to explore. The important thing is to find the one that works best for you!
Wellness Together Canada
We recognize the significant strain that COVID-19 has placed on individuals and families across the country. Many people are concerned about their physical and mental well being. Canadians are being challenged in a number of ways because of isolation, financial and employment uncertainty and disruptions to daily life. Wellness Together Canada provides tools and resources to help get Canadians back on track. These include modules for addressing low mood, worry, substance use, social isolation and relationship issues. Click here to start: Wellness Together Canada
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre: “Your Health Matters”
Sunnybrook has published a number of positive, brief articles related to COVID19 that include:
- “Finding hope and resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic“
- “Simple ways of finding happiness in challenging times“
- “COVID-19: Practical cognitive behavioural strategies to manage your mental health“
- “Tips for health-care workers: Coping at work and at home during COVID-19“
- “Unsure of how to talk to your child about COVID-19? Here are some helpful tips“
- “Tips for health-care workers: How to get better sleep during COVID-19″
Ontario COVID-19 Mental Health Network
An emerging network of Ontario-based mental health professionals dedicated to supporting frontline COVID-19 workers through teletherapy. Find out more.
Big White Wall
This is a free, peer-to-peer community offering a proven way to get better together through anonymous conversation. It is based out of the UK and supported by Ontario’s Ministry of Health. Discussions are moderated 24/7 by trained practitioners and no referral is needed to participate. Find out more.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health offers information and suggestions about how best to cope during this difficult time on their COVID-19 Resource Page.
CAMH also developed ECHO Coping with COVID, designed for Hospital-Based Healthcare Providers and Residents responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Participants are invited to join ECHO sessions virtually through multi-point videoconference technology to share and learn about ways to build resilience and overall wellness through didactic lectures and case-based discussions.
Ementalhealth.ca is a non-profit initiative of the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) dedicated to improving the mental health of children, youth and families. It provides anonymous, confidential and trustworthy information, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Mental Health Help (i.e. directory of mental health services and organizations)
- Info Sheets: Information about a variety of mental health conditions and topics.
- Screening Tools: Find out if you or a loved one has a mental health concern with our free, online screening tools.
- Events Calendar: Information about mental health events in your area.
- News Feed: Information about the latest mental health news.
- Research directory: Information about research studies in your area.