In consultation with Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health, Guelph General Hospital declared COVID-19 outbreaks on its 4 East and 7 East units after four patients and one staff tested positive.
Some of the enhanced measures being taken include:
- 4 East is closed to new admissions except COVID+ patients
- 7 East is closed to new admissions except COVID+ patients and stroke patients
- All patients in the units will be tested for COVID
- Droplet precautions are in effect for all patients on both units
- Enhanced cleaning continues in both units including frequent cleaning of high touch and high traffic areas
Members of the public should not feel the need to call the hospital, but if you have concerns and wish to speak to someone, Patient Relations is available at 519 837-6440 ext. 2815.
“For those patients who tested positive, we wish them a speedy recovery,” said Marianne Walker, President and CEO. “Our ongoing priority is to ensure the safety of patients and staff who have worked diligently to limit the spread of COVID-19 during this challenging time of a third wave. We are greatly concerned about the surge of COVID-19 variants and ask everyone do their part to reduce community spread.”