The closing date is applicable to internal GGH applicants only. Internal applications beyond the closing date, will be considered as a late applicant. The posting will remain available until the position is filled.
- Posting #:
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist, TPT
- Temporary Part-time, Approximately 1 year
- Current Shifts:
- Current Rate of Pay:
- Min $32.99 - Max $44.22
- Posting Date:
- June 23, 2022 @ 12:00PM
- Closing Date:
- July 14, 2022 @ 12:00PM
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is a specially trained healthcare professional that works under general supervision and performs multidisciplinary skills for the purpose of diagnostic imaging of disease. Nuclear Medicine involves the use of low-level radioactive substances which are injected, swallowed or inhaled to produce diagnostic images of how the body functions.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist uses their expert knowledge of imaging and/or radiation therapy equipment, together with an extensive understanding of the principles of anatomy, physiology and pathology, image acquisition, treatment and radiation protection to deliver quality care to their patients. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist ensures the care provided is safe, appropriate, tailored, timely, and maximizes the potential of the available equipment and resources.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Current registration with CMRITO: designation MRT (N)
- Minimum 5 years’ clinical experience in Nuclear Medicine
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods training/certificate
- Advanced training in computed tomography (CT) and/or SPECT/CT
- Advanced training in electrocardiogram (ECG) interpretation
- Experience as Radiation Safety Officer
- Experience with ECG machine/monitors
- Proficient in IV set-up utilizing aseptic technique for injection of Radiopharmaceuticals
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office, HIS, RIS, PACS
- Applied, clinical and methodology knowledge of non-vendor specific NM systems
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice, standards of practice, and life-long learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and our community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Guelph General Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
In pursuit of GGH’s vision of exceptional care, innovative partnerships and healthier communities, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of teamwork, respect, accountability, compassion to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.