All active Guelph General Hospital job postings are listed on Indeed.com.
If you are not already a GGH staff member, all of our current external job postings can be found by clicking on the SEARCH GGH JOBS ON INDEED.COM icon above.
If you are student and interested in the Clinical Extern Role, please click on the following link https://www.gghorg.ca/jobs/clinical-extern-student-temporary-part-time-may-2021-august-2021-with-potential-for-extension/.
If you are already a GGH Staff member, all of the internal job postings can be found by going to the internal Job Postings page at https://www.gghorg.ca/jobs/
Thank you for your interest in employment with Guelph General Hospital. The following information provides an overview of our recruitment process.
Current career opportunities at GGH are posted on Indeed (see link). Anyone interested in an opportunity, please apply directly on Indeed.
GGH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the recruitment and selection process.
Application Screening and Selection
Applications are screened based on the criteria outlined in the job posting. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
What to Expect if selected for employment at Guelph General Hospital
Prior to commencing work at GGH, the following steps must be completed. Some of these requirements may take 3 – 4 weeks to complete, so starting the process early will help to avoid delays in your start date.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check (PVSC), a completed immunization form and a Pre-Placement Medical Assessment. Any costs incurred for obtaining these documents are the responsibility of the new hire.
1. Reference Checks
- If you are the successful candidate you will be asked to fill out a Reference Release Form. Please provide three work related references that consist of current or previous supervisors/preceptors.
2. Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check
- All new staff are required to obtain a criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check
- We will accept police checks dated within the previous six (6) month period
- Health care employees are at risk of exposure to communicable diseases due to their direct contact with patients. A complete full immunization history is required for your well-being and safety.
- We recommend that you contact either your family physician, public health or the former employer’s Occupational Health and Safety department for your immunization records as you may already have many of the necessary immunizations. An immunization form will be provided to you if you are the successful candidate.
- There is a requirement of laboratory evidence (blood work) of detectable antibodies for some of these tests
- If you have any questions, please contact Employee Health & Safety services directly at 519-837-6440 ext. 2811
4. Employee Health Services – Pre-Placement Medical Meeting
- All new employees will be scheduled to meet with Employee Health Services for approximately 30 minutes during which time we will discuss the completed immunization record. All information given during the health assessment is confidential.
5. Human Resources – Employment and Payroll Documentation
- All new employees will be scheduled to meet with Human Resources for approximately 30 minutes during which time we will discuss details of the job offer including payroll, benefits, parking, I.D. badge, and orientation.
6. Hospital Orientation
- All new employees are scheduled to attend a half day General Orientation session, scheduled the first Monday of each month. Depending on the position to which a person is hired for, they may attend additional orientation sessions for I.T. and/or Nursing Skills.