We are excited to have you join us at Guelph General Hospital. Prior to commencing work at GGH, the following steps must be completed. Some of these requirements may take 3 – 4 weeks to complete, so starting the process early will help to avoid delays in your start date.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check (PVSC) and a completed Health Review. Any costs incurred for obtaining these documents are the will be your responsibility.
Forms and other important information
- Map of the Hospital
- Pay Period Calendar for 2020
- Police Record Check Policy
- Health Review Form
- Fillable Federal TD1 Form – Personal Tax Credits Return for 2020
- Fillable Provincial TD1 Form – Personal Tax Credits Return for 2020
- Payday Payout Enrolment Form
- Employment Standards in Ontario
- Mandatory eLearnings & Key HR Policies Checklist
1. Send the Completed Checklist and Forms to Human Resources
- The completed forms along with the checklist sent with your offer letter are to be sent back to Human Resources at HRPOC@gghorg.ca. Please call 519-837-6440 ext. 2721 if you have any questions
- Alternatively, you can drop off the completed forms and checklist during our Drop In Hours.
Drop In Hours are:
Monday to Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.
Human Resources is located at 73 Delhi Street, Unit 104 (73 Delhi is the yellow brick building beside the main hospital).
2. Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check
All new staff are required to obtain a criminal reference and vulnerable sector police check. We will accept police checks dated within the previous six (6) month period.
- Health care employees are at risk of exposure to communicable diseases due to their direct contact with patients. A complete full immunization history is required for your well-being and safety.
- We recommend that you contact either your family physician, public health or the former employer’s Occupational Health and Safety department for your immunization records as you may already have many of the necessary immunizations. An immunization form will be provided to you if you are the successful candidate.
- There is a requirement of laboratory evidence (blood work) of detectable antibodies for some of these tests
- Please email the Employee Health & Safety department at email@example.com or call 519-837-6440 ext. 2811 to schedule your Health Review Appointment
4. Hospital Orientation
- All new employees are scheduled to attend a half day General Orientation session, scheduled the first Monday of each month. Depending on the position to which a person is hired for, they may attend additional orientation sessions for I.T. and/or Nursing Skills.
- The half day General Orientation takes place at 73 Delhi Street (yellow brick building beside the main hospital) in the Assembly Hall (basement level).